I have missed my Livritome blog so much! Even more, I’ve missed reading my lovely Guardian novels. Here’s the explanation:
- Got bogged down in Howards End. I mean, really bogged down as in I hated it. I hadn’t come up with a contingency plan to deal with a long, weighty Guardian read that I hated….so didn’t know what to do. Blog about the hate? Keep drudging through?
- In early October I started a MBA program. Since I also work full-time, every spare minute has been spent reading business cases instead of Guardian titles — and certainly all drudging through Howards End came to a halt.
- Conclusion: got an A in my first MBA course! I have a two week’s break and so the other day picked up Howards End off the pile and plunged back in and guess what….I’m seeing my way through it after all! I think I’m actually now looking forward to finishing it and blogging about it very soon.
- Strategy: in addition to finishing Howards End, pick some very good, Guardian read that is SHORT — so I can finish before the end of my break. Would it be possible to sneak in another non-Guardian, like book two of the George R. R. Martin series? Or at least, March, by Geraldine Brooks, which I’ve already dipped into?
- Question: would Livritome readers be interested in business books, as well as novels?